- This event has passed.
24th Dionysiade, Vingrau
The Syndicat Agly-Verdouble – Pays Touristique is hosting (for the 24th consecutive year!) the ever-popular wine festival, Le Dionysiade. Each year the club chooses a different location to celebrate the rich history of viticulture in the P-O. This year, on Sunday 14th May, they will be raising their glasses to the artisans and producers of Vingrau.
Nestled at the foot of the dramatic limestone cliffs, Vingrau is a spectacular setting, known for the quality of its wine. Steeped in history, the fountain, the old mill and the 17th century church are just some of the many sites to discover.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- A traditional tasting competition. As in previous years, teams of wine growers, work colleagues, groups and clubs (5 people minimum) compete against each other in the category of their choice.
- Free beginners’ wine tasting workshop allowing novices to discover the rich universe of wine.
- Producer’s market. Meet the faces behind the products and purchase goodies to take home with you.
- Rustic, traditional meal accompanied by the best wines from across the Agly region.
- Heritage activities : guided tour of the Vingrau countryside, games and workshops for the kids, art exhibition and artisan tradesman
- Musical entertainment from Philippe Anglade, « La scène des poètes » and DJ (jazz…)
Follow them on Facebook