- This event has passed.
Festa Major Perpignan 2017
23rd June - 25th June
Festa Major Perpignan
After the excitement of Fête de la Musique, Perpignan continues the party with the Flamme de Saint Jean and the Festa Major: a weekend of celebrations in honour of the patron saint, Saint Jean-Baptiste.
• Bouquet workshops for making the traditional bouquet de la St Jean
• Village of traditional jobs and artisan craftwork
• Bringing of the flame from the peak of Canigou, through surrounding villages and eventually to Perpignan
• Musical parades
• Grande Soirée : music, entertainment, traditional blessings and ceremonies, visual projections onto the Castillet and firework display
• La Batukada « Tramuntakada » percussion parade
• « Histoire de la sardane », a show documenting the traditional songs and dances of Catalonia
• APLEC de Sardanes, collective sardane performance from varios cobles from across the region
• Closing concert from Balbino Medellin (19€ Théâtre Municipal)
Find out more here.