- This event has passed.
Salon Rando Pyrénées-Méditerranée
27th October 2018 - 28th October 2018
As the last of the tourists head home and the temperatures drop away, autumn/winter is the perfect time to get out and explore the wild beauty of our region.
Whether you’re taking an invigorating walk along the coastline or exploring the hidden gems of the Pyrenees, la randonnée (hiking) is a hugely rewarding activity, open to all budgets, all ages and all abilities.
Leisurely strolls, day hikes, multi-day hikes, Nordic walking (walking with poles), hiking holidays and treks; the forum will be fount of expert information on all things rando.
With over 3 million bikes sold in France in 2016, cycling has now established itself as a firm favourite with outdoor sports fans.
Cycling, racing, electric bikes, mountain bikes, group package holidays or bespoke trips created just for you, whatever you cycling interest, there will be an expert on hand to answer your questions.
Between 10am and 7pm each day, you can meet with guides, equipment specialists, clothing retailers, hiking clubs and associations and nature lovers, everything you need to prepare your next adventure!
The event will be hosted at the magnificent Château Valmy, which is itself the starting point for some fabulous hiking and biking trails. There will also be guided walks around the area, hosted by local clubs and allowing you to discover more about the Littoral, viticulture and the exquisite local flora and fauna.
There will also be hiking and biking activities throughout the week preceding the forum as part of la semaine de la rando.
- Sunday 21st – Kids’ downhill mountain bike event, Montesquieu des Albères (5-15 years)
- Monday 22nd – Family walking treasure hunt, Laroque des Albères
- Tuesday 23rd – Hiking : ‘advanced’ & ‘easy’ in Port Vendres
- Wednesday 24th – Hiking : ‘advanced’ & ‘family’ in Sorède or ‘heritage’ at the Château de Valmy
- Thursday 25th – Hiking : ‘family’ & ‘advanced’ in Banyuls sur Mer, ‘intermediate’ in Laroque des Albères
- Friday 26th – Biking – various activities for all levels, Bages