WWF Columbus at Argeles Port

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Pam & Jim

WWF Columbus at Argeles Port

Post by Pam & Jim »

We saw this posting on Anglophone and phoned 10 days ago for a reservation. We were told that it was all full but were put on a waiting list (4 people before us). This morning we received a call to ask us if we would like to go along this afternoon, so we did and it was truly fantastic. Off to Collioure and Port Vendres, commentary along the way and then took a wide berth out to sea on the return to Argeles Port.

HOWEVER.... the dates, meanwhile, had changed for the trips advertised ( 3 - 8 July, (not 13 - 18 July) and today, this afternoon, was the last one for this year in Argeles as the ship has to got to Roses for a scientific mission next week. But the crew did speak about a repeat next year. There were about 17 of us on board so not cramped at all. It also links in with the Enfants de la Mer exhibition on Argeles plage
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

So glad you enjoyed it Pam and Jim. Did I get the dates wrong? (and you are too nice to tell me) or have they actually changed them?

Will change them on the site so no unsuspecting hopefuls are disappointed. Thanks for letting me know.
Bon weekend
Kate
Pam & Jim

WWF Columbus

Post by Pam & Jim »

Hi Kate. No you did not get the dates wrong. We think that they possibly promoted the trips at various venues/websites (mainly French on board and we were the only Brits plus there was a Dutch family of four) so maybe they accidentally overlooked Anglophone-Direct.com when they had to change the dates because of their work schedule. All the staff were very pleasant and welcoming and it was a very memorable trip!!