Paulilles

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

KayG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Paulilles

Post by KayG »

We're on our way back down to Laroque for our annual spring break and searching for new things to see and do.
Has there been any information on Paulilles on this website in the past, if not
has anyone any comments on whether it is worth a visit.There does look to be some nice walks around the coves and beaches.also is the parking expensive.
Have read all the walks that you have on the site but any more ideas would be good- I can only walk up to a mile but do love to get out and about and take photos of the stunning scenery.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Hello Kay
I've never tried the walks there but you can visit the place they're rebuilding Catalan boats. You might even get a chance to help, if you want.

Across the road, you can go up to the closest village. There you can visit a great place to see how the vinegar is made. They'll give you a taste and there's a boutique where you can buy some, if you please. It's something special.

There's a good restaurant too where you're going.

Have a good time.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
KayG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KayG »

Thankyou, Blackduff, we'll certainly give it a go.It looks lovely on google earth.
We just need the sunny weather to continue, we'll probably bring our damp, northern weather down with us!

Any more ideas for places to go, anyone, and hows the cherry blossom doing this year.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Other than the beach, what else exactly is there at Paulilles? I read somewhere that it is the most visited site in the 66 but why?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

My daughter went on a trip there last year with her class, it was actually a prize for winning a recycling competition.
She loved it, I just asked her about it again.

There is a museum and a great viewing point aparently, so clean and environment friendly. She said it was a great day out and would have ejoyed it more if they had been there without teachers.

Try googling it, looks lovely.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.