Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

bryan8718
Rank 0
Rank 0

Student assoc looking for English-speaking activities

Post by bryan8718 »

Hi!
I am the director of the newly-formed (this is our 2nd year) Association des anglicistes de l'Université de Perpignan. We are a non-profit association for University of Perpignan students and staff studying and/or interested in the English language and Anglophone cultures. I am looking for activities to offer our students that are interesting and fun and still somewhat "educational", in English and am hoping that someone in this group might be able to put me in contact with business owners or people who have a specialty that would be of interest to university students, or maybe you have other ideas. Either way, I would love to hear from you! Feel free to visit our website to learn more about us. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Bryan Houde
Program Director
Assoc' des anglicistes de l'UPVD
www.anglais-upvd.fr/assoc
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forum
Interesting, fun AND educational?? wow, that's a big ask!! :lol: :lol:

No, only joking. I do believe that the three can go together very comfortably.
Can you be a bit more specific? Maybe an example or two?
bryan8718
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bryan8718 »

I know, right? Especially for French university students... :P

Here are a couple of examples that I came up with:
Guided hiking tours
"Beer gardens" (is that a purely American term?) with live music
Pub crawl ^^
Community service activities
Camping/weekend excursions
Skiing
Ateliers cuisine
Dégustation du vin/bière britannique...
Atelier Arts & crafts
Sporting events

We would like to organize une journée (ou weekend) d'intégration this year in September and, so I'm first looking for event ideas for this, but also for the future.
The major goals here are: 1) for students to get to know each other 2) give the opportunity for students to use their English and hear and learn new vocabulary, etc. 3) to let students experience different traditions or aspects of various anglophone cultures.

Honestly, I'm open to any and all suggestions that could work for our group. One of our objectifs is to contribute to the English-speaking community of Perpignan, so making contacts and getting involved in the community is a good first step.

Thank you!
Bryan
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I would consider providing a vineyard and winery tour in English with French translation and could also, given time, incorporate a comparison of British and French attitudes to and taste for wine.

If you are interested, give me a call. It would have to be after harvest.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
LiveLanguedoc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Great idea!

Post by LiveLanguedoc »

Hi Bryan,

This sounds a fantastic thing to be involved with!

Although our business isn't really going to be able to assist from an integration point of view, personally would love to get involved.

I love walking and generally being social and I'm sure we could think ups some good events; a pub quiz in English, organised hike with some set topics that we could discuss whilst hiking, camping weekend - could be a blast.

If you think it would be of interest to chat then please do get in touch.

All the very best,

James
Pitbul
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pitbul »

From the D81, take the left exit at the roundabout signed Bocal du Tech, then first left, signed Aqualand.
You get to St. Cyprien by heading towards Canet from Perpignan, then turn right at the second roundabout after the long Canet beach, signed Argelels sur mer.
I live very close to Aqualand and my grand-daughter and her boyfriend went today. They said it was worth the 30 euros entrance fee because there are so many different water slides, etc., but the food was very expensive and not very good, so taking a picnic is a better bet.
We provide fast success in Testking phr study guide dumps exam by using our high quality Testking lean six sigma green belt prep resources.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

LOL, they went to Aqualand today.....if they paid 30 quid,euros or drachmas it would be too much, too cold and definatly closed.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

I dont think it opens until around June
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Looooooooool. How did that get there?? :lol:
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Kate wrote:Looooooooool. How did that get there?? :lol:
I reckoned it was you Kate with your 2 or 3 usernames and Spamming all over the place. Although Aqualand would have been a lovely place for a swim last week, similar to an ice bucket challenge
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Cheeky monkey! :lol:
A few people have suggested in the past that I have loads of aliases but honest truly, I only have two....kate and Admin. Never seen the point of pretending to be anyone else.