Hello again and a question.

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello again and a question.

Post by oiesauvage »

Hi all - hope everyone is keeping well and looking forward to all of us tourists landing shortly :D I wonder if anyone could tell me the opening hours of supermarkets in La Jonquera? I'm arriving into Girona on a Sunday about 5pm and was wondering if the supermarkets would be open then? I'm assuming all shops in France will be closed :roll: I could stop off in Salt on the way but have my two young kids with me on my own and don't fancy trying to find exits that I'm not familiar with etc off the motorway - I'm reasonably familiar with La Jonquera from passing through a fair few times. Thanks so much. Marie x
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I would immagine you will be ok , most are open untill around 10pm

We passed through there last week and the new building that has been under contruction for the past 10 months or so now has its sign on , it advertises as a shopping Outlet , unfortunatly I cannot remember the full title.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

I thought La Jonquera functioned 24/7.

Noel
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

La Jonquera

Post by Daphne »

Opas is right, shops are open until 10pm. The new building is to be a designer outlet, owned by guess who??????????? Owners of Escudero!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I think they used to open 24/7 but this isnt the case now. We stopped at the large Escudero at 7 25 am, on our way to Girona airport, and they were closed but in fact open at 7 30 am. Not a long wait!
Dylan
oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oiesauvage »

Merci bien !!! Thats welcome news as I just realised we will be crossing back to France on Easter saturday too and will need some provisions then - will make sure we leave early enough to make the shops then too - thanks all.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Is it not bank holiday in spain at easter, one of the rare times everything closes down? Not sure about la jonquere but am pretty sure inland spain closes . it's called la semaine sainte and they have loads of processions ( don't know english translation for that)
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Yes it is Semana Santa, which is more important in Spain than Christmas but it won't affect La Jonquera or Le Perthus.
oiesauvage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oiesauvage »

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to reply. CANNOT wait to leave Dublin airport on Sunday, I'm not even listening to or looking at weather forecast here - its too miserable :( , looking forward to a change of scenery at the very least even if the weather in the PO is not great!
Au revoir !
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Beautiful here at the mo Oie Sauvage. Not a cloud in the sky! Bon voyage.