Les Angles route advice

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Les Angles route advice

Post by sue and paul »

Have visitors leaving St Andre tomorrow morning for Les Angles, via stop-off at St Thomas les Bains. My question is about road works. Is there a detour to avoid improvements at Olette? Our route would be to go to Le Boulou, up the N9 , turn off for Thuir, and go through Prades and Ille sur Tet, past Vinca Marquixanes Villefranche and so on. Will there be any problems with roadworks, please?
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I am tying to contact a friend of my daughter to see if her route from Andore to Prades is via Olette.....we have had instagrame videos from her today in Andore showing the impressive snowfall and views.That said she and her o
ther friend will be on a bus at 04.30 to be in Lycée at Prades for 09.00 class on Monday morning!

I find that impressive,
D
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

My son drove up to the ski slopes and back yesterday with no particular problems, tho he said there was snow on the road from Villefranche. (He has a 4x4). Bon courage.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks Kate. They trundled off in our ancient Landrover about 2 hours ago, so fingers crossed. They do have chains with them, au cas où, but my main query was about the road improvements ongoing in/round Olette. I found a report in a website search that said phase 3 was finished in December 2014, and wouldn't start again till March 2015. So I guess they'll be fine. They're not coming back today....having a couple of nights up there. Excitement for them, and a breather for us! :-)
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Pardon me for jumping on this thread with a question I asked on the FB group.

Does anyone know if the D4, which leaves the main N116 at Olette and goes to Matemeale via Railleu, is open in winter or whether it becomes impassable after a snowfall.

I ask as a friend has booked a chalet near Railleu with the hope of getting to the ski fields each day and I think it looks a bit dubious.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Lulu just went straight up the main road so cant help you on that Jon. Sorry. Wonder if Mike and Jenny might know.