Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Getting on with the Mairie

Post by GrahamC »

Hello all,

It's me again with another newbie question. We're planning to put in a second bathroom in our 'new' house in a part of the house which is currently an attached garage. Looking at the planning regs it seems we don't need any permissions at all - not even a works declaration.

However, what should one REALLY do? Is it good to trot along to the Mairie anyway and chat it over? Would that be expected?

Many thanks in anticipation of your wonderful advice!

Graham
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

According to my husband who organisés planning permits. bathrooms are not considered as 'surfaces habitables' and should not require planning permission as long as you are not creating a window or exterior door or a thing that changes the outside. No problem in chatting to mairie as you have nothing to hide, but not necessary, therefore probably best not to risk stirring up the hornet's nest! :lol:
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

Thank you Kate!

By the way, i'm rapidly coming to view you as some kind of miracle woman. Not only do you write and produce the magazine but you even have time left over to help us out on the forum!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ha ha! Ask my husband about cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing...... The miracle would be if I did any! :lol: :lol: :oops: