Fish in Figueres

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fish in Figueres

Post by martyn94 »

I go to the market in Figueres every few weeks, usually on a Thursday (which is said to be a good day, though I don't claim to know). But it's notable that there is no fish in the main market (nor meat or much poultry, though that is not a priority). A bit of googling suggests that there is fish at at Plaça de l'Escorxador. But the map suggests that this is a good place to get even more lost than I normally do. Any experience, positive or otherwise?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I was taken to the fish market there a few years ago. It was excellent - and separate from the rest of the market. Because I was taken there, I couldn't tell you how to get there - just that it's worth a visit once you do find it!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Received by email

In relation to the fish in Figueres thread on the forum;

The permanent (Excorcadors) market is easily found by walking to the bottom of the main Placa de Catalunya market. Take the last street to the left (Sant Francesc de Paula) and the market is two blocks up there on the left. Two fish stalls with excellent variety and prices.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

same experience as Kate, I know that there is a separate fish part to the market somewhere, but I don't ever go as I don't eat fish, friends have disappeared and reappeared with fish though, so it can't be far... any vendor will probably know though.