Public swimming pool.

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Public swimming pool.

Post by carol sheridan »

I have just paid my first visit to the swimming pool at St. Cyprien Village and it was excellent. 2,20 euros entrance fee, lovely warm water and even a private shower in a cubicle so could wash my hair when I came out. There were about 30 older people doing water aerobics with an instructor in the small pool (it is a club - I asked) but only about six of us in the big pool.
I will be going regularly now, as swimming is perfect exercise for arthritis.
It is open to the public between noon and 2 p.m., except Wednesdays, and then 18.00 to 19.45. 10.15 to 12.15 on Saturday, and 10.15 to 14.00 on Sundays.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

where in St Cyp is the pool?
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Nigel and Karen wrote:where in St Cyp is the pool?
In St Cyp village next to La Poste.

Carol is right;it's a good place,water very warm and entry fee is a bargain. Lunchtimes is a good time to go as it's not as crowded as evenings.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks, anyone tried the outdoor one at Canet?
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Nigel and Karen wrote:Thanks, anyone tried the outdoor one at Canet?
I understand Laure Manaudou used it, but does not now!!!!

Michael aka (Philippe Lucas)
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

1 quick search on Wikipedia and I am impresed.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Those are really good photographs - what great action shots.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

One of the things I liked about St Cyp pool was that the water was not bath temp, allowing me to swim without getting heat-stroke. Don't tell me they've gone and raised it.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

No, the water was just right - not that chill when you first get in, but not too hot either.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Went to Moulin a Vent pool today with the kids .. never again on a sun morning anyway .. been before but always mid week. Avoid like the plague on Sundays. Couldn't swing a cat in the kiddies pool and had to q for ages for a cubicle.
Canet by the marina is good, not too exey as well. Canet Europa if you feel like a serious swim..
But for the delux treat experience, you've gotta go to Caliceo, recently opened near Salleillas (sp?). It's a real treat. Not to exp : 14euros for 3 hours ( usually 2 hours) and you get to partake in an aqua aerobics class as well if that's your thing.
Fab indoor heated ( hot bath temps) and outdoor pools. I went on Fri last and the outdoor pool was fab, total relaxation. There are also saunas, hammams , steam rooms etc . Not for swimming but great spot for a wind down. They also do treatments, massages etc, but are booked out for a month at the mo ...
Highly recommend. Much better than Flamants Roses for value and choice.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

I didnt know you could go to Caliceo and just use the pool?

I thought it was for expencive treatments only?

Can you just turn up and pay to use the pool??
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I live five minutes away from Aqualand at St. Cyprien Plage and I have promised my grandchildren they can go when they come in August, but I am dreading it. It must get absolutely crowded out - the kids don't seem to mind but I am used to living like a hermit! Fortunately, I am also 2 minutes from the beach, so I am hoping I can persuade them to spend most of their time there.. I live right at the Southern end where there are no facilities so I am hoping that it won't get quite so crowded as the central beach. Then there is bowling, Karting, adventure tree walk, horse riding - perhaps I will get away with one trip to Aqualand.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Yeah, the cheapest deal is 14euros, usually for 2 hours, tho they have a special deal for 3 hours at the mo. This gives you entry to the pools ( but you wouldn't be swimming as they are too hot, it's more of a relaxation hydrotherapy vibe, hang out under the jets sprays etc place), saunas, hammams, aqua aerobics, jaccuzi etc. Went with a gang of gals and we were all delira with the experience...