Aqualand St Cyprien

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Aqualand St Cyprien

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Can some one please give me directions to the Aquapark in St Cyprien, directions from Perpignan, I am trying to find the route for our son who is over there at the moment.

Thanks

Just found some directions on this website, I take it there will be directions from the D81,is it open now?
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

From the D81, take the left exit at the roundabout signed Bocal du Tech, then first left, signed Aqualand.
You get to St. Cyprien by heading towards Canet from Perpignan, then turn right at the second roundabout after the long Canet beach, signed Argelels sur mer.
I live very close to Aqualand and my grand-daughter and her boyfriend went today. They said it was worth the 30 euros entrance fee because there are so many different water slides, etc., but the food was very expensive and not very good, so taking a picnic is a better bet.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Many thanks Carol, I have just relayed your message to him. He says the weather is lovely there and the children are having a whale of a time, so pleased for them as like you I was worried it was going to rain and be miserable. Thanks again.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

The weather was a bit changeable last week, although we only had one day when we could not go out because of the rain, and it cleared up in the evening. Today, and for the next five days or more, it looks like being hot (27/28) dry and sunny, so he is going to be very lucky7!
I swam from the beach near my flat today, and the sea was really pleasantly warm. It does help to have some kind of footwear, like jelly-shoes, to cross the sharp pebbles from the sand to the sea.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Definatly take a Picnic, no valuables though if you can get away with it.

Our daughters friend left her bag near a water slide a couple of years ago and when she got off the ride her bag was gone.
You will see what look like abandoned bags everywhere, but If you do not have anything of value in other that your food there is nothing to wory about.......I even tied my car key to my Bikini just incase!
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

And don't forget the sun cream!
Many incidents of sun stroke there as well.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

opas wrote:I even tied my car key to my Bikini just incase!
Risky if someone grabs and pulls hard - you ain't going to run after them in that case!!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Roger, the key was not on show and by Bikini I should have said one piece as if you go there in a two piece and go down the water slides the bottom goes up your watsit and the top parts ways, so I suppose there goes another word of advice DO NOT WEAR A BIKINI :oops:
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I have just taken my grand-daughter to Canet (St. Cyprien is too quiet for them) so I checked out the best route to Aqualand. After the long, straight road past the lagoon from Canet to St. Cyprien, you go straight over at the first roundabout, and turn right at the second, signed Argeles. There is a sign for Aqualand pointing straight on, but this takes you a rather confusing route round St. Cyprien. After you have turned right, go through the first 'fountain' roundabout and turn left at the second fountain, still signed Argeles The D22 goes off to the right. The Bocal du Tech turn off is the 3rd roundabout on the D81, and you will see a big yellow and blue sign for Aqualand just before it. There are other sings for 'parc aquatic', which means Aqualand, but again this takes you a more complicated and busy route.

I asked my grand-daughter about valuables but they had paid for a locker.
Very hot and sunny here again today - I shall have a swim at the beach across the road - can't be too quiet for me!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

My son went today with his family and had a fabulous time, they would certainly recommend it , they also took a picnic and sun cream, thanks to those who gave advice.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Is there a free bus from St Cyp to Aqualand, I seem to remember one from outside the post office?
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Hi all :)

Discounts available for the 2012 season
Just print of the coupons ;)
http://www.lejournalideesgo.com/categor ... -aventure/

Cheers Sav :)
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

If you book on line it is even cheaper, and you do not have to stand in line for an hour or so!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.