CARTE D'IDENTITE

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

CARTE D'IDENTITE

Post by edann42 »

Thanks to all who responded to my previous post!

Quite simply - can I obtain a Carte D'identite for myself in France and if so, how?????
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

We'll create a nice one for you for a fee! There might not be too much liberté, égalité, fraternité though. Could use the old John Bull printing set I had as a kid, if only I hadn't worn it out on all those swimming pool passes :lol:
By the way, Edann, have just sent you a pm
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Edann 42. Go to the maires office, explain what you want....ie a TDS , you will be given a form that tells you everything you need to supply.
The usual less than 3 mont old bill, some proof of earnings(that you can support yourself) A copy of a full birth cert, a copy of your passprt and some photos....I cannot think of anything else you may need.

supply that lot , go beck to above office and they should deal with it, it could take a couple of months........mine expired in Oct and I only received my new one weeks ago!

Try the public sevice website or the prefecture one, there is lots of info on there.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

opas wrote:Edann 42. Go to the maires office, explain what you want....ie a TDS , you will be given a form that tells you everything you need to supply.
The usual less than 3 mont old bill, some proof of earnings(that you can support yourself) A copy of a full birth cert, a copy of your passprt and some photos....I cannot think of anything else you may need.

supply that lot , go back to above office and they should deal with it, it could take a couple of months........mine expired in Oct and I only received my new one weeks ago!

Try the public sevice website or the prefecture one, there is lots of info on there.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Very kind of you to offer, Sue! I've got an old inkpad somewhere if that helps!! I do have a feeling though, that it might not be official and therefore I might have problems when I present it!! But if you think it will be allright, it would save me going through the rigmarole that Opas has suggested !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Well you didn't expect it to be straightforward, did you? lol :lol: :wink:
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Just asking... this has nothing to do with the old EU Carte de Sejour which became obsolete some years ago?
Mine expired in 2004 and I was told there was neither renewal nor need for renewal by the prefecture in Perpignan.
I never heard of any other type of Carte d'Identité being issued in France for EU citizens..
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Roger O wrote:Just asking... this has nothing to do with the old EU Carte de Sejour which became obsolete some years ago?
I never heard of a true Carte d'Identité being issued in France for EU citizens..
We still have our Cartes de Sejour and, although they expired ages ago, we use them without any problem when we need to identify ourselves.
Mind you, that is usually just in a supermarket.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

polremy wrote:
Roger O wrote:Just asking... this has nothing to do with the old EU Carte de Sejour which became obsolete some years ago?
I never heard of a true Carte d'Identité being issued in France for EU citizens..
We still have our Cartes de Sejour and, although they expired ages ago, we use them without any problem when we need to identify ourselves.
Mind you, that is usually just in a supermarket.
I've still got mine somewhere (souvenir!) but I use my French Permit de Conduire for ID - though never in supermarkets as I either pay cash or by gold card. Cheques are OUT! Most irritating thing - waiting for people paying by cheque at cash tills!!! Should be banned!! (Heard there is talk of it by certain supermarkets in the interest of "moving things faster" at checkout!! Leclerc reckoned they could eliminate 5 postions at one big store just by that!)
I deal in Logic!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Frankly, the queues at the checkouts would move faster if they had more than three open at any one time - particularly during the lunch hour and just before closing time when most of us who have to work all day, manage to get to them!!!!!!!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

I've still got mine somewhere (souvenir!) but I use my French Permit de Conduire for ID - though never in supermarkets as I either pay cash or by gold card. Cheques are OUT!

we always use credit cards too (can't remember the last time i wrote a cheque) but in Tenerife for some reason they always ask for identification as well - probably only for over a certain amount.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Well I guess they'd ask for ID here too if one goes splashing about 50,000 euros in cash... er...
I deal in Logic!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

thumbelina wrote:Frankly, the queues at the checkouts would move faster if they had more than three open at any one time - particularly during the lunch hour and just before closing time when most of us who have to work all day, manage to get to them!!!!!!!
They would move even quicker if the customer would get their purses/wallets ready before they go through the checkout and not wait until they have carefully packed every last item back into their trolley!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Absolutely!!
It's the same as the donuts who arrive at the peage and then hunt down their purse or wallet!!

GGGrrrrr! :evil: