Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

FredMPL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cherry blossom time in Ceret?

Post by FredMPL »

Hi,

When we return to Montpellier in Spring my wife wants to drive down to Ceret when the cherry trees are in blossom (not for the cherry festival).

When is the best time for this, and can anyone recommend good hotels or Chambres d'Hôtes in the area (feel free to pm me)?

salut,

Fred
Eppur si muove
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Normally March time, Fred.

Will keep you posted.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

It does depend on the weather a bit Fred. it's been so cold this year it may be a bit tardy,but,as Thumbers says,you should be OK mid to late March.
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

Hi, My mother in law stayed at Tany-Kely with Rita Hagg last year when she came to stay.She was made to feel very welcome and was well looked after.The details of this B and B which is close to Ceret, are in the directory section on the main site. Hope this is of some help.
FredMPL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FredMPL »

Many thanks to all for the helpful advice.
Eppur si muove
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Driving into work this morning (well, crawling behind a plank at about 20 mph, actually!) I noticed that anyone visiting the department in the next week or so, is in for a treat!

Because of the weird weather this winter, the mimosa and cherries are very late - indeed the mimosa is in full bloom and the cherries are just starting to show colour - the nectarines, peaches and almonds are still in full bloom and the forsythia and japonica are at their best, as are those camellias which haven't been frost damaged!

Lovely seas of pink and white in front of a snowy Canigou. Colourful fields, trees and gardens everywhere!

Simply beautiful! :D :D :D

Isn't this place the canine's dangly bits????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: