Thermes Romains, Amelie les Bains

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thermes Romains, Amelie les Bains

Post by john »

This place has featured before on A-D,but some time ago,so I thought a little update on their "Aqua Relax" forfait was in order.

My wife and I went earlier today, and paid up our fee which has gone up to 20€ each.

But the deal now includes the famous Bain de Boue,which is like lolling about in custard for 20 mins,unlimited use of the Thermal Baths and underwater jets,and now also a session or two in the Photo Vaporarium which can only be described as an industrial strength steam room/hammam.

The full monty now takes well over an hour,so the 20€ fee seems a very good deal to me. After you've finished,you are encouraged to partake of various healthy infusions,served in the relaxing room,which are free and unlimited.

Prebooking is required on 0825 826366 , you just need to take a swimsuit,and the whole place is open daily until 30 Nov.
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

John

So go on then - tell us - did you enjoy it? Especially the custard part. Lets have all the details.

Ian
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Ian wrote:John

So go on then - tell us - did you enjoy it? Especially the custard part. Lets have all the details.

Ian
Oh yes,Ian. A good time was had by all. I suppose the Bain de Boue would not be everyone's cup of custard,but it is very relaxing. I'll still be scraping the mud out of various orifices in two days' time,I'm sure,but it's worth every centime.
Benoit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Benoit »

There's nothing worse than sitting in a sweat-laden speedo. I believe the area's thermal baths should offer their guests the opportunity to swim/steam/soak "au natural". With so many Nordics and Dutch and Germans and others visiting - and where that is the rule (ever been to Baden Baden, for example) - a rise in business would be expected!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I'll still be scraping the mud out of various orifices in two days' time,
a rise in business would be expected!
Oooooooo, too much information :oops: