Beziers to Bristol 19 August

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Beziers to Bristol 19 August

Post by alan »

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why Ryanair flights from Beziers to Bristol on 19 August should have shot up to £319? Flights either side of this date remain much cheaper. My daughter and her family are booked onto this flight and bought their tickets when they were reasonably priced. I think Easyjet sometimes inflates prices to discourage sales prior to cancelling flights but I didn't think that this applied to Ryanair
0 comments
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Beziers to Bristol 19 August

Post by Ted & Jemima »

Hello

It is the outcome of 'dynamic pricing' ... which is programmed to respond to a myriad of factors that include your own computer's cookies. If you repeatedly look online at a specific flight, its price is likely to increase. The 'law' of supply & demand!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_pricing

Yours
Ted & Jemima (computer programming since 1976)
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

I repeatedly look on-line at a number of flights and they haven't gone up anywhere near as much. I simply don't understand why this particular flight should be so much more expensive than flights on the same route either side of the date nor why it is so much more expensive than other flights from PO airports to UK airports
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

I see now that the 19 August Ryanair flight from Beziers to Bristol has come down today to £268 from £319 a couple of days ago
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

It's now gone down to £102, about a third what it was when I first posted.