Perpignan Station Parking - Long Term

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Perpignan Station Parking - Long Term

Post by Nigel Bright »

I have booked a TGV ticket from Perpignan to Paris, but need to travel to the station by car.
Can anyone tell me where is the cheapest place to park the car, in or around Perpignan station, for 5 nights?
Regards
Brighty
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

last time i used the airport parking it was not costly at all, by comparison to uk prices. i can remember thinking it would almost be worth leaving a car there all year to save the taxi cost.
Pichicuy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pichicuy »

There is a municipal car park in Rue Vallette, close to the station, which costs 2 euros per day.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

I paid 40 euros to park in the uncovered car park by the station from Sunday morning until Wednesday evening. Three problems.

1. The lighting is very poor and I didn't feel particularly safe.

2. I couldn't see to pay by card. I have sight problems but it was so dark, even using my phone as a torch, that I think this is a more general problem at night.

3. Having paid with notes, i then couldn't get past the barrier. It said my ticket was not valid. After a few minutes, I was able to contact the help service and get out.

It looked like it may be possible to pay by card directly at the barrier. Will try that next time.