Travel Insurance

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Travel Insurance

Post by Nigel »

Just wondering if anyone has used their French VISA bank card to take advantage of the travel ins which I believe is provided by the card....any info or advice would be appreciated
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Travel Insurance

Post by Daphne »

Yes, last September, I fell and fractured my ankle and had to cancel a Ryanair flight from Girona to Madrid return.My insurance was with Banque Populaire gold visa card. To say it was a hassle is putting it mildly!We needed reports from the doctor to say that my husband couldn't travel either as I couldn't be left alone, there was a lot of paperwork involved and they only return the basic cost of flight. They do not cover costs of suitcases, or any other expenditures such as airport fees. We ended up with a little money for a lot of work and hassle. Had it been a long haul flight it may have been worth the hassle, don't know?
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

It's always been our experience that "Worldwide Travel Insurance" bundled with fee-paying UK banks accounts or with some cards is not the same as a directly purchased policy taken out with an established insurer.
You will get asked questions and need to support your claim due to the number of people that just "try it on."
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.