holiday autos

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

holiday autos

Post by Nigel and Karen »

just had a poor time, was charged over£61 for fuel by Hertz took over a month to investigate by holiday autos only to be told "its nothing to do with us" ccard company said "yes it is" and one phone call to Hertz resulted in an instant refund. going to book direct next time.
marina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by marina »

Can you elaborate?
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Booked with Holiday autos they used Hertz my rental was pick up with a full tank and return with a full tank which i did, but hertz charged me for a full tank when i picked up the car, only informing me of this after i had returned to the uk.
i phoned holidayautos and after a long conversation they said its not an uncommon mistake and don't worry they will sort it out, nothing happened for 2 weeks so i emailed them they replied that they were in contact with hertz and i should expect a reply within 20 days.
after 5 weeks with no reply i emailed again but no reply so i sent another email and received such a complicated reply that after showing it to others i still couldn't understand what it was saying but it did say phone them if i wanted more info so i tried but the number they gave didn't work!!
i phoned the sales line and asked to be put through to the number they gave me but the switch board wasn't able to make the number work, but they did eventually put me through to the author of the complicated email who said quite bluntly as my problem was with hertz it was nothing to do with them and i should phone hertz in perpignon direct.
i phoned my credit card company who said that as my contract was with holiday autos then it is there responsability to sort out any problems.