Help with travel!!!!!!!!

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Help with travel!!!!!!!!

Post by Daphne »

We are invited to a wedding in Liverpool on the 25th October which we really want to attend as it is a very close niece's wedding day!!!!! All flights from Girona, and local French airports appear to be able to get us there but then close for the winter programme as from the 25th ,meaning we can't get back.

We are 3 adults and a 4 year old child. Flights from Toulouse and Barcelona are very expensive and the timetables incompatabile! If anybody can come up with a solution I would be delighted as I am going cross-eyed looking at web-sites!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Daphne;
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I suspect that ryanair have not yet published their winter time table, as normaly there is a service through winter to gerona from manchester or liverpool. I would be realy suprised ifone of these routes are not operating.

If your flights to liverpool are a price you can afford to loose I would book them and keep watching the various companies.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Help Travel

Post by hamyat »

We travel regularly to and from the PO during the winter and have found over recent years that the flights in winter are cut back significantly.The Manchester -Girona route has been the only winter route into the North-West operated regularly for the past 2 years. Any flights from Liverpool and East Midlands have usually been into Barcelona on the winter timetable. There have been some flights from East Midlands into Carcasonne but I think even those finished in the autumn. Hope this is of some help.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Fly Girona to Dublin and then Dublin to Liverpool both Ryanair.
Dylan
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Liverpool to Carcassonne Ryanair
Liverpool to Barcelona Easyjet
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Manchester Gerona will operate at theses times but flight times not great .
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Use skyscanner.com to look at all the possible routes available. As Opas says, Ryanair won't have published prices that far ahead yet.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29