Ryanair / Hertz at Girona

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Clive
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ryanair / Hertz at Girona

Post by Clive »

Just a word of warning. Booked a car through Ryanair. All the promotional documents and contracts have the Hertz logo on them. In fact the booking is with Firefly a Hertz subsidiary. The Ryanair booking fee for the 3 day hire was €25 but after fees and charges including a full tank of petrol it came to €219. This was on a Full to Empty basis. Not easy to use a full tank of petrol driving to St Genis and back from Gerona Airport.

Silly me, I had thought that I was booking with Hertz and their standard charges would apply. I should have read the small print!

Interestingly Hertz customer support will not talk about any Firefly issues, even though it is Hertz branded and a wholly owned subsidiary. The Firefly web site will not accept a Ryanair contract number - so you have to complain via Ryanair.

The moral of the story is to read the small print.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

There was an article in one of the uk papers last week about car hire, Which? Are inviting people to tell their story. I think anyonewho hires a car must have a grumble, but i personaly feel that full to empty fuel is a rip off.

My latest was in palma where the hire company had changed their T&Cs but not told the booking agent....only by literaly standing our ground and shouting as loud as the desk clerk did we get our orriginal contract of full/full.Now in he hands of Which? And bookingagent
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I've just looked at my UK credit card statement and see that Hertz have taken £101 in respect of the trip I made to UK a couple of weeks ago. I will be ringing them at 8 30 UK time tomorrow morning. I hit nothing, nothing hit me and I filled up with petrol at the usual last garage before the airport. I only paid £93 to hire the car!!
Dylan
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Ryanair / Hertz at Girona

Post by Webdoc »

Clive wrote:Not easy to use a full tank of petrol driving to St Genis and back from Gerona Airport.
WARNING: Firefly is NOT Hertz and if you read the small print at https://global.fireflycarrental.com/qualifications.html you will see that you are NOT allowed to take the car from Spain into France.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Last time i used hertz when i took the car back a bloke came to check it and started getting on his hands and knees at each tyre. He then turned round saying i had to pay for a new tyre for some reason. I was alone with kids and shattered , didn't have the strength to argue, i sent them an email about the way i had been treated and that i didn't realise i had to get on my hands and knees to check the car before taking it. I had already pointed out that it had a great big dent in it before taking it.
got an email back from head office and was paid back the money they had took from me,
have never used them since though.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have always used Hertz in UK and have always been brilliant until now. I rang them this morning to say they had charged me £101.02 for a ding to the front offside wheel/tyre/hub. I told them this was already marked on my pre-rental check list. It is going to take them 2 to 3 weeks to look into it!
Dylan
gra
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gra »

Definitely Avoid Firefly (part of Hertz)

I mistakenly booked with FF,
tried to cancel three times on their website
two emails to Ryanair
1 phonecall to RY
Two phone calls to Hertz

All efforts above , no luck cancelling

Only after I wrote to one of the Hertz (IE) directors, was the booking cancelled