Marrons Glacés

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Marrons Glacés

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

On the Newsletter there's a recipe for Marrons Glacé. It's difficult! It takes a long time. BUT...the results are worthwhile in some cases.
In some cases.......
Many years ago, my son's first wife, whom I had always loved unquestioningly, mentioned that she adored Marrons Glacés, so before Christmas I set to work with recipe book at hand and joyful anticipation of X's pleasure.
Making a good Marron Glacé doesn't come easily even to enthusiastic mums-in-law, and several batches were binned beforeI was satisfied with the taste and appearance of my confection. I put 20 of them into a prettily decorated box and proudly sent them off, eagerly awaiting heartfelt thanks. Silence.. ok, forget it, I thought.
The following Easter we were asked to spend a week at their house to look after the children, always a welcome duty, whilst the parents were away.
Imagine, dear reader, my dismay at spotting my pretty box standing on the mantlepiece containing.....19 and a half marrons glacés.
Helen :(
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ooooops. But at least she kept them! Probably so good that she was saving the for 'special' visitors!