Reccomendation for annual 'Car Hire Excess Insurance'

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Reccomendation for annual 'Car Hire Excess Insurance'

Post by montgolfiere »

Having been using more Hire Cars than usual over the past couple of years, i decided that, although i had never bought the Hire Companies 'Extra Cover' or (luckily) had an 'Excess' Claim in over 20 years, it might be prudent to take out one of these Annual Policies. For the sum of £39.99 i took out a Policy with insurance4hirecar.com for Annual Cover.

Am i glad i did!!!!! i had a weeks hire at the end of October and on the last day whilst on the way back to Manchester Airport.....BANG..... a Stone put a large 'Star' in the Windscreen....

The Bill was +/- £490,00 for the replacement.

I contacted the Insurers, asked for the Paperwork from Hertz, Filled in the Forms and sent them off. They paid the TOTAL Bill within 7 days of my submitting the Completed Documentation.
I can also confirm that their Customer Service was excellent whilst they dealt with this matter.
Possibly the Best 40 Quid i spent this year !!!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Did you have to pay up front. I have one of these policies and I am sure it states I have to pay and then claim it back.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Yes.
Hertz took the money within a couple of days and then i claimed the money back.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I have had this type of policy for about 6 years now, fortunately never had to claim, but I am not a nervous wreck anymore when I hire a car and they produce a shiny new one with just over a 1000 miles on the clock!

I do know people who have claimed and works just as montgolfiere says.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.