Parking. Figueras Vilafant

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Parking. Figueras Vilafant

Post by Pearsonb »

I was picking some friends up at Vilafant a couple of weeks ago. When I tried getting in the car park, it wouldn't issue a ticket or open the barrier. There was a message that I couldn't understand.

Later I thought it might have said "credit cards only" and that they have changed the system. Could that be right? Anybody been there in the last couple of weeks?

Thanks,

Pearson
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hope someone has some info on this cos I'll be leaving my car there in a couple of weeks - and you've got me worried!!
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

Can't directly answer your question as when picking up I don't use the car park but park at the front of the station, and when long term parking park on the land opposite the police station a few hundred metres from the railway station.

It's free and I have never had any problems, but being Spain you may be nervous about leaving your car elsewhere.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

At least that gives me a reserve option. I am going to Barcelona on Thursday.

On the good side, there is now a proper snack bar where the machines used to be.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Pearsonb wrote:At least that gives me a reserve option. I am going to Barcelona on Thursday.

On the good side, there is now a proper snack bar where the machines used to be.
So how did it turn out? And in particular, how much does the parking cost? I haven't done it this way in the past, but hope to do so in future (not least to amortise my tarjeta dorada).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

And another question. Where exactly is Vilafant in relation to the original station please?
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Sorry, I thought I had posted here from the train. No problems. The machines were presumably on a glitch.

The station is on t,he edge of town near the motorway. You go into the town on the main road and then turn right when you see a big yellow sign. It os marked AVE or Vilafant, if I remember. You go down this road until just before the bridge over the motorway. You will see another big yellow sign pointing off to the right. Go down that road and the station appears before you.

Hope that makes sense. Eyesight bad today ;-)
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Fig ... 0a33?hl=en
Just over 1 km from the town centre.

Russell

PS. Not sure why that didn't come out as a link. The forum software seems to be playing up.
Last edited by russell on Sat 20 Dec 2014 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Merci mésieurs. Xx
kanwal
Rank 0
Rank 0

brain wash

Post by kanwal »

Hi, a friend of mine has just bought a parcel of land for gardening and paid approx 5 euros the squared meter. On top of that he had to pay the notaire fees. This was in baho, to give you an idea.
aTIF