1 Euro Train

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

1 Euro Train

Post by neil mitchell »

Hi All.
I know this has been done but I must be having "a moment". I want to book a friend the 1 Eur train from Montpellier to Perpignan and I've been messing about on www.train1euro.fr for ages but I'm blowed if I can see how to actually buy it. Thanks.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

Thanks Sue but it doesn't really help. If you go to www.train1euro.fr it will give you the available trains but as far as I can see the only clickable thing is the link to the sncf website which when you re-enter the journey details and click buy the rickets it just gives you a link back to www.train1euro.fr.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Have you tried clicking on the red box, on the right hand side, which says Valider? (It only shows when there is actually a 1 euro ticket available)

That option keeps you within the 1euro train site and asks for info such as email address.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

Thanks Helen. I get it now. The journeys are either "epuisee" or "non disponible" and I guess that empty means the same as not available. So there are in fact no (or very few) 1 Euro tickets to actually buy. Pity really, sounds good but turns out to be a bit of a lemon.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

I've been dipping into the 1 euro train site recently, trying a few options and came to the conclusion that they only release 1 euro tickets about three weeks or less before travel date. Dates further ahead have the message

'Offre Billet à 1€ pas encore disponible' i.e .not yet available

Having written the above, I just checked the FAQ on the site and it does actually say that tickets are only made available between 21 days and day of departure.
EILEEN
Rank 2
Rank 2

trains

Post by EILEEN »

I have been trying to get ANY train at 1€ for the next 3 weeks ( Elne to Montpellier and Elne to Beziers0 but all the tickets are marked "epuisse.
Is someone buying in bulk, or have the SNCF cut down on the number available?
Eileen
EILEEN
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Eileen,

have you tried searching just from Perpignan?

May 5th any good? If so, there are several to Beziers available on the afternoon of May 5, whereas from Elne there only seems to be one option.
EILEEN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by EILEEN »

Thanks Helen, but the idea was to go from here direct without changing. Suppose we could get ordinary tickets to Perp. and try for tickets at 1€ from there. Thanks for the idea.!
Eileen.
EILEEN
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Like many special offers, it's just there to annoy you in the hope that you will buy a full-price ticket out of frustration.

A complete waste of time IMO.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29