Controle technique for car under 4 years old

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Gael-force
Rank 1
Rank 1

Controle technique for car under 4 years old

Post by Gael-force »

I wrote at the weekend regarding a carte gris and now I have another question, please may i pick your brains? In order to get Car insurance from the u.k to cover my car in France for a year i need an M.O.T certificate. Normally this would be simple enough except my car is 3 years old (when a U.K M.O.T is required.) I took it to a local Controle technique centre and was told the car has to be a minimum of 4 years old in France before they will do the checks. I do not want to drive hundreds of miles back to the U.K to M.O.T my car, i have neither the time or the money to do so. Has anyone else come across this problem and do you know if there is anywhere that will do a controle technique for me now?
Many Thanks
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

I thought you were going to pay off the outstanding finance and re-register the car in France?
A French company will insure a U.K. registered car but then you fall into the trap that you have to register the vehicle anyway.
(Please see separate thread in the Travel Forum)
http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic14259.php
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Gael-force
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gael-force »

Yes I would love to pay off my car but having researched loans i am not in a suitable position to get one from the u.k and to get one in France is like getting blood from a stone - not to mention the £1.36 to the euro at the moment.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Gael-force, I have PM'd you.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.