Is it possible to sell an English car in France

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

davidc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is it possible to sell an English car in France

Post by davidc »

Hi Everyone,

I have an English car with English number plates. To avoid the long drive back to the UK; is it possible to sell an English car in France? I am only selling it with a view to buy a French car. The car dealers are not interested.

Thanks in advance

David
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Yes. but either the Buyer will have to register it in their name back in the UK or go through the (expensive) registernig in France process here with all the cossts involved.. (Headlight changes, cert conformity, Controle technique and the visit to the Prefecture etc
davidc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by davidc »

Any ideas as to where I can advertise the car in order to find someone who would be likely interested in it?
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

english car for sale

Post by monsans »

Pity it's not next year then I would have been interested as I am possibly returning.
marina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by marina »

What type of car and how much?
davidc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by davidc »

It's a Vauxhall Astra 2005 SXi with heated leather seats and 105000 miles on the clock.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I rember reading a few years ago of a company that bought UK registered cars all over France, here is a link http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/thisfrenc ... ar0502.PDF

Also a number of UK based dealers advertise that they will supply a French lhd car and take a UK car in part exchange.
davidc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by davidc »

Can you name any companies that supply lhd cars in exchange for a rhd car; around London if at all possible?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Just google 'buy lhd car UK' and then read their websites
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There is a member of this forum who sells/sold LHD cars in England and vice versa. You might find him if you can be bothered to trawl though all the member's websites! Can't remember his name I'm afraid.