Choice of Airports

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Choice of Airports

Post by Gus Morris »

I've just seen a copy of the latest edition of P O Life. Your corresponded sets out options for travelling to and from the UK and Eire. Barcelona El Prat features prominently and yet there is no mention of Toulouse Blagnac which is almost as close. In fact a diffference of about 10km from downtown Perpignan.

I agree that Barcelona is a bit of a nightmare. Toulouse is a much better bet. We use it regularly. But then we are not flying specifically to the UK/Eire. Also Toulouse is about to become our new regional capital!

Gus
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Choice of Airports

Post by Allan »

Gus Morris wrote:I've just seen a copy of the latest edition of P O Life. Your corresponded sets out options for travelling to and from the UK and Eire. Barcelona El Prat features prominently and yet there is no mention of Toulouse Blagnac which is almost as close. In fact a diffference of about 10km from downtown Perpignan.

I agree that Barcelona is a bit of a nightmare. Toulouse is a much better bet. We use it regularly. But then we are not flying specifically to the UK/Eire. Also Toulouse is about to become our new regional capital!

Gus
Read it again Gus, the bottom of the left hand column lists the Toulouse flights.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Whoops!

I stand corrected. I was relying on memory as I'd only seen the magazine at a friend's house. Should have downloaded it and checked.

Gus
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Should be loads around Gus. Where are you and I'll tell you where the nearest are....or if you're in the UK, can save you one til your next visit
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

In terms of accessibility, Toulouse airport is easier by car. However, that is a long drive for blind old me. By train from Figueras Vilafant, it is easy and fast to get to BCN.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Kate wrote:Should be loads around Gus. Where are you and I'll tell you where the nearest are....or if you're in the UK, can save you one til your next visit
Thanks. My missus picked one up yesterday!

Gus