Car hire delays at Perpignan airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Car hire delays at Perpignan airport

Post by kenny »

Car hire delays

Arrived Sept 17, at that stage car hire co.s operating out of portacabins

We hired with Europcar

Had to Q (along with lots of people ) for 2 hours in hot sun to pick up car

The reason we were given for a 2 hour wait , was "two flights arrived at the same time" Stansted and Dublin
catllar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by catllar »

Plus ca change!
Life is not a rehearsal
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Car hire delays at Perpignan airport

Post by Allan »

kenny wrote:Car hire delays

Arrived Sept 17, at that stage car hire co.s operating out of portacabins

We hired with Europcar

Had to Q (along with lots of people ) for 2 hours in hot sun to pick up car

The reason we were given for a 2 hour wait , was "two flights arrived at the same time" Stansted and Dublin
About 15 years ago, I rented from Europcar and like you had to queue for about 2 hours. In that time I watched lots of people go into the Hertz office and come out a few minutes later clutching the keys for their hire cars.

Immediately after that I joined the Hertz No 1 club and have never queued for a hire car since. In most airports they have a dedicated Gold service counter, in others you just walk to the front of the queue.

I haven't rented at Perpignan for some years and so I don't know the current situation there.
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

We are also an Hertz No 1 club member and I can vouch it works well, until all the other people in the queue are too!

Europcar run a (virtually) comparable Privilege scheme.

In both cases a lot of your details, eg licence number, credit card number, home address, preferences etc are already recorded significantly cutting down the admin time at the Hire Car Desk.

As Allan says, Hertz frequently have a dedicated desk/queue for Hertz No 1 club members; at some airports you show your card, collect your keys and go.