Carcassonne Airport with a baby

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

gee-em
Rank 0
Rank 0

Carcassonne Airport with a baby

Post by gee-em »

Hi there, I'm looking for some advice for travelling through Carcassonne Airport with a 6 month old baby. We usually fly through Perpignan so I cannot remember the facilities in Carcassonne.

For departures, is there a shop/restaurant past security or places to sit?
If not I think we will checking in and drop bags early but staying land side until last minute (i think there is a shop land side).

For arrival, I recall the car hire huts (Avis) are outside and have long queues so we plan for one of us to go straight to car hire with baby while the other waits for baggage.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as it's our first trip with the baby :shock:
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Car hire, is about 300m from terminal and the track is not ideal with a buggy

one parent might be better staying with baby and luggage in terminal, which is small. from the terminal, you will see hire car pulling up

other parent picks up car, and drives to terminal to meet baby and parent
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Carcassone Airport

Post by hamyat »

Hi, there are only seats and vending machines once you get through security at Carcassone, so you would probably find it easier to wait in the cafe. The car hire is now across the road and there is an underpass with lifts. Hopes this helps.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

From Facebook

It's a tiny friendly airport. One level, good toilet and changing facilities, seated snack area, car hire immediately adjacent, shuttle bus into Carcassonne for station. Pick-up area right outside
gee-em
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gee-em »

Thanks everyone for the useful info, it's much appreciated. It takes some of the anxiety out of the travel process.
I see from Google maps that the car rental had moved since I was last there too.