Poor Customer Service

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Poor Customer Service

Post by GrahamC »

Ryanair is 1:30 late tonight but airport staff insist we all get herded through to the Intl departure 'lounge' 1 hour before the earliest expected time for the inbound aircraft to arrive.

Presumably saves a ton of overtime for the airport staff - but does nothing for the already tawdry passenger experience.

A black mark for an othwerwise good little airport
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

The downside of flying with a budget airline maybe?

In recent times our occasional flights to and through the UK have all been via Toulouse and with BA or Air France. Cost a bit more but you get what you pay for. Well mostly! We were jolly glad we did a return trip on BA the week before the passenger management system went kaput.

Gus
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Heard that high winds in Birmingham area caused many flights to be at least 35 minutes late on Tuesday.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Poor Customer Service

Post by Allan »

GrahamC wrote:Ryanair is 1:30 late tonight but airport staff insist we all get herded through to the Intl departure 'lounge' 1 hour before the earliest expected time for the inbound aircraft to arrive.

Presumably saves a ton of overtime for the airport staff - but does nothing for the already tawdry passenger experience.

You don't actually say which good little airport you are referring to.

In any case, it isn't just a case of herding people into a departure lounge, to get to the departure lounge you have to go through security and I would think that the staffing of the security team would be based on planned departure times of all flights.

i presume also that airports would prefer not to have people lingering in their insecure zone.

It sounds like what you are really complaining about is the facilities in the departure lounge.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
GrahamC wrote:Ryanair is 1:30 late tonight but airport staff insist we all get herded through to the Intl departure 'lounge' 1 hour before the earliest expected time for the inbound aircraft to arrive.

You don't actually say which good little airport you are referring to.

In any case, it isn't just a case of herding people into a departure lounge, to get to the departure lounge you have to go through security and I would think that the staffing of the security team would be based on planned departure times of all flights.

i presume also that airports would prefer not to have people lingering in their insecure zone.

It sounds like what you are really complaining about is the facilities in the departure lounge.

I had a similar experience at Southend the other day. My complaint is that I just wasn't told of the delay until well after I went airside, although they must have known when I checked in. I don't complain about being asked to go airside but it would have nice to have had a last fag before doing so (yes, I know very well that I shouldn't). That, and the fact that the delay once announced was much understated, as again they must have known. Delays are a fact of life, but je-m'en-foutisme tends to sap your confidence.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
My facilities airside at Southend airport were OK (except that I don't like Boddington's). But flight delays do give you time to ponder the great existential questions: like how many of their customers are rich/dumb/bored enough to spend £60 on a bottle of pretty ordinary champagne at the "champagne bar"?