Girona

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Girona

Post by Karrie »

I'm probably the last to find out, but very disappointed on return flight from Girona to Bournemouth today to find out Ryanair are pulling out for the 2nd time in their history from Girona and I guess forever. Having just moved to Bournemouth I'm gutted! The P.O. is now even more inaccessible by air; especially from this neck of the woods. :(
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Girona

Post by alan »

In the past, we have flown Bournemouth to Girona and indeed Gatwick to Girona with Ryanair and both routes were very useful to us having a second home in Port Vendres and living in West Sussex. We haven't used Girona for some time now although my daughter and her family used the Liverpool / Girona route last year.

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. Flights from Stansted to Girona have now been released between 29 March and 24 October 2020 and other flights, including from Girona, may be released soon.

The actual ammouncement I have seen from Ryanair said:

"As announced on July 16 due to the late delivery of up to 30 Boeing MAX aircraft this winter a number of Ryanair bases will be cut or closed this winter. These consultations are taking place with our people at affected bases currently. No routes will be affected as they will be served by flights from other bases from November when the winter schedule starts."
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ted & Jemima »

Hello

Ryanair is closing 'bases' in several locations (ie staff & aircraft centres) in Spain and France. Our understanding is, however, it does not immediately impact 'flights' to these locations ... though cuts to routes may come next/later.

Some locations such as Canary Islands have been badly hit by this Ryanair cutback combined with the Thomas Cook closure (which, despite all the media coverage about this great historic 'British' company had its biggest shareholder in China).

Somebody out there must have voted for Brexit. Now reap the 'benefits'!

Yours,
Ted & Jemima
Mimmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Girona - good news from the airport

Post by Mimmi »

https://www.lindependant.fr/2019/12/09/ ... 592401.php

The remaining question is of course which routes they will be flying in 2020. But at least there is hope.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Flights have now been released Bournemouth to Girona.
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Karrie »

Fantastic News!!!!!!! :D :D :D