Long Duration Visa

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Long Duration Visa

Post by GrahamC »

With 4 months to go, we’re starting to think about how we can legally stay in the PO for more than 90 days in any 180.

Residency isn’t an option, so a long duration visa seems to fit the bill. However, we’re puzzling over this requirement:

‘You must have an insurance certificate covering all medical and hospital expenses for which you may be liable for the duration of your stay in France, as well as medical repatriation costs and expenses in the event of death’.

What does this mean in practice? Can we get away with a 360 day per year travel insurance, or does this mean that we have to have full-blown private medical insurance?

Has anyone here applied for this type of visa?
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Long Duration Visa

Post by alan »

I have no personal experience but I wonder if these people might be able to help:

https://www.acs-ami.com/en/travel-insur ... nce-efenp/

The policy brochure says, “Contracts are valid for visa and residence permit applications to préfectures”. See https://www.acs-ami.com/files/pdf/EFEnp-Brochure-en.pdf

Alan
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

Ooh. Thanks Allan. That looks to be spot on!
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

That's OK.

It would be interesting to know how you get on.

I don't think we would ever need a long duration visa but we shall certainly need some good medical insurance going forwards.

I have thought for sometime that there must be a medical insurance product for Brits with second homes in France post 2020.

A little while ago we asked the Allianz office in Port Vendres, who insure our house, but they couldn't help.

Alan
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

Yes, Aviva in Ceret were the same. They had nothing to offer.