TRANSPORT TO GERONA AIRPORT

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

TRANSPORT TO GERONA AIRPORT

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Helen writes:

I can very highly recommend a shuttle service I used a couple of weeks ago from Perps- Gerona-Perps airport:
PERPI'CAT. Tel: O6 87 70 29 32 and 04 68 80 69 98
M.Bourlaties, the director of this very serious family business, is more than ready to meet your needs - he picked me up in my village (St.Nazaire) to take me to Gerona, picking up another couple on the way. On my return from UK, he was waiting for me when my plane landed at around midnight and brought me (the only passenger this time) straight to my house. On another occasion he picked up a friend of mine at 5 o'clock in the morning from her front door in Porte d'Espagne (near Auchan). However,on her return, instead of looking for him at Arrivals as they had agreed, she suddenly decided to go off and have a meal at the airport café. M.Bourlaties spent over an hour looking for her, but he neither complained nor charged extra for his wasted time. A more amenable person would be hard to find. He speaks 4 languages (including English), is polite and perfectly "correct"(!) and his tariff is reasonable: 40 euros there and back (25 euros one way) with, of course, a receipt. All perfectly legal.
Yes, I know it's a little dearer than another well-known service, but PERPI'CAT is at your disposal, at absolutely any time of the day or night. I believe he has 3 buses in service at present. In a few days his www. site will be available and I'll be happy to make it known on the forum.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Thanks Helen
Will file it for future use.
Michael
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Good news. Thanks.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

That is worth knowing, will also file this for future reference. Thanks
Serge

Re: TRANSPORT TO GERONA AIRPORT

Post by Serge »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:However,on her return, instead of looking for him at Arrivals as they had agreed, she suddenly decided to go off and have a meal at the airport café.
Sorry, but she would have still been sat at the terminal if it was me, how could she treat someone like that!
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Serge wrote: Sorry, but she would have still been sat at the terminal if it was me, how could she treat someone like that!
A Dippy Women does things things like that: they do not think, no malice, just Dippy.

I am sure in some far off place there are Dippy guys if they exist
:lol: :lol:
Michael
Serge

Post by Serge »

I suppose it was more luck than judgement that she got on the right plane then.

No excuse, what she did was ignorant!
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Serge
Sorry, but she would have still been sat at the terminal if it was me, how could she treat someone like that![/quote)

from Helen

Yes, I agree, but I only mentioned this incident to show how dependable the driver was!
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Has M.Bourlaties, got his web page yet? We will be needing transportation back to Gerona airport in April. Frogbus times would mean a very long wait at the airport and the problem of getting to the bus stop. I wondered what it would cost one way.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Robert,

does he offer a service to Reus???
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Kathy wrote:Has M.Bourlaties, got his web page yet? We will be needing transportation back to Gerona airport in April. Frogbus times would mean a very long wait at the airport and the problem of getting to the bus stop. I wondered what it would cost one way.
As far as I know his website is not yet in operation, but I should phone him at

Tel: 06 87 70 29 32 and 04 68 80 69 98 . Try the mobile first.
Single fare is 25 euros (per person, of course. Some-one asked if three passengers could travel for 25 euros!). There and back = 40 euros.

Edanna: it could well be possible. Phone him.

Please tell him that he was recommended by me. I' d like him to know that I publicize his service. Thanks.
Last edited by Robert Ferrieux on Sun 21 Dec 2008 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Would it be 25 euros for one person picked up at Gerona and brought to Laroque as he has to drive both ways?
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Rose wrote:Would it be 25 euros for one person picked up at Gerona and brought to Laroque as he has to drive both ways?
From Helen
25 euros single fare is 25 euros single fare, I guess. If you're anxious, give him a call, but I very much doubt it would be more. He came to Girona just for me when I travelled back from UK.

ps Loved your Chrismas memories!
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Perpicat now have a site - www.perpicat.com

However, there are now set times of departure on their site. My husband arrives at Gerona 8.50p.m. tomorrow and their navette is leaving at 23.45 I 'phoned them to make a reservation and have to wait to see if they need to hang around to wait for later arrivals. If not, they will bring him when he arrives. Frogbus is 10.15p.m. which means he gets to Le Boulou at 11.30p.m. If Perpicat can't bring him until 11.45 I will drive and pick him up.

It takes me rather longer to get to the airport than most people as I can't drive over those wretched viaducts. I had a panic attack on the Pont de Normandie and won't risk spending Christmas on a viaduct in Spain :lol:
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Just thinking in advance here.
Has anyone used Perpicat recently?
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Perpicat

Post by John & Elaine »

We had a renter who left today having used Perpicat both ways and said great service and punctual. Hope that helps and happy new year

John
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Thanks! Hope 2010 is a brilliant year for you too.
Just one more question - do Perpicat do door to door still?
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Perpicat

Post by John & Elaine »

Not sure about door to door. Try their website

http://www.perpicat.com/

Travel safe

John
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Does anyone know if this service is still available?
We have booked to Girona in early november.
Our flight lands around 9pm.We could get Frogbus to Perps sncf but we would be stranded there at around midnight as it will be too late for a bus.
We could stay overnight at the airport hotel and get Frogbus the next day but it will be a Sunday and there will still be no buses to our village.
Could make a weekend of it in Girona I suppose but we have things to do!!!
Perpicat would seem to be a great option.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

perpicat

Post by monsans »

Yes he is operating at present. I am booked for the return Girona 27/10 and Barcelona on the 09/11 and return 24/11.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: perpicat

Post by polremy »

monsans wrote:Yes he is operating at present. I am booked for the return Girona 27/10 and Barcelona on the 09/11 and return 24/11.
Excellent news.
Do you have an email address for him?
We are in England at the moment so it would be easier to arrange it that way.Failing that we'll give him a ring tonight.
Do you have a rough idea what he would charge for two from Girona to Torreilles - two peeps, just single on a Saturday evening?
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

As you were - just found his website and have sent him an email .
Thanks, monsana.