Taxi from station

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Taxi from station

Post by Kate »

received by email
Please can you advise if it is easy to get a taxi at Perpignan station heading for Argeles, or would you say that it is advisable to book one in advance.
Many thanks
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

There is a large taxi rank in front of Perpignan station so it is very easy to get a taxi, and most of the drivers do speak some English.

It is, however, advisable to ask for a quote before you leave. There are four different tarifs - aller retour day and night and aller simple day and night - and some less scrupulous drivers have been known to apply the wrong tarif to unsuspecting tourists!

If you reserve a taxi in advance you can also ask for a quote at the time.

With all taxi runs, the driver is obliged to give you a receipt if the tarif exceeds a certain amount. This used to be 15€67, but I am not sure of the up to date figure, I'll try and look it up for you.

By the way, are you aware that the Conseil General are offering bus travel at only 1€?

One of our members, Pooky, had a day trip to Quillan for the grand price of 2€!! So I'm sure you should have no trouble getting a bus from Perps to Argeles. :D

Hope this helps :D
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I would have thought, as you are at the railway station, getting a train to Argeles may be a quicker and cheaper option.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29