taxe de sejour

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

taxe de sejour

Post by Karrie »

Hi,

Is this still payable when renting out long term please? We are about to change over from holiday lets to a long term rental and wondered if we are still liable for it?
SusieQ

Post by SusieQ »

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Taxe de Sejour

Post by Karrie »

Thank you for the link which I've read, however, this is geared to tourists and tourism. If you are not letting on a holiday basis how is this applicable?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

my children ( and myself before buying)have had long term rentals and have never had to pay taxe de sejour. When you have a long term rent you have to pay taxe d'habitation and a very small part of the foncier ( which covers the bin collection). Taxe d'habitation is only payable if you have lived in the house from the 1st of january of that year . so if you were in the house on the 01/01/2013 then you will be liable for this tax at the end of this year, if you moved in on the 02/01/2013 then you will not be liable for it .
Taxe de sejour is only if the person is on a holiday let. For the part of the foncier it is the owner who asks you for this after providing proof from their foncier bill , some owners do not ask for anything or this can be included in what they call charges each month.
hope this helps,
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Sorry I am guilty of not reading the question correctly!! I was reading fonciere and not sejour. Taxe de sejour as Tia says is a tourist tax.
Dylan
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Tax de Sejour

Post by Karrie »

Thank you for the advice. We always pay the taxe d'habitation and foncier despite not living there. In addition we have paid the Taxe de sejour on all our holiday lets, so it sounds as though we have paid more than we should have! I'm pleased though to not have to pay it on a two year let as it would seem a bit steep. I now need to let the Marie know.