ATM use

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Aldetim
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATM use

Post by Aldetim »

Please can any member help?
In June 2014 the ATM in the Banking Hall of a local branch of Banque Populaire was used to deposit money. I had not used this type of ATM previously - it required the entry of a credit card details, selection on the type of deposit (either money or envelope deposit) into one of two chambers in the ATM. The selection I made opened the larger of the two chambers and the money placed into the ATM - I subsequently released this was the incorrect procedure. After the money appeared to be counted no further action appeared to be taken by the ATM. I contacted immediately the Banking Clerk, he checked on my procedure to enter the money, visually examined the ATM as the money could not be physically recovered & the credit card was removed. The Clerk then contacted by telephone another Bank employee and completed a complaint form of which I have a copy. I was informed the ATM would be checked and interrogated on the procedure entered and later informed of the result.
Almost 3 months later no information received from the B.P notwithstanding I wrote a letter to the Manager of the branch. I have now been informed there is no trace of the money. The ATM has subsequently been taken out of commission & replaced by an ATM with one chamber.
Can any member assist with this problem or advise on the procedure to follow.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

It would help if we knew if you are a customer of Banque Populaire or the customer of another bank using the Banque Populaire "kiosk" facility.
The answer to that and your location may help you start to resolve this problem, which, I am surprised to read, has not been resolved after 3 months.
If you're a BP customer, write to the regional office with the supporting information and send it recorded delivery.
If you're not a BP customer, contact your own bank or your relationship manager, if you have one.
Either way, 3 months down the line, I think you've got a problem.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.