Notary fee when changing proprietor in event of divorce?

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

klaus_ib
Rank 0
Rank 0

Notary fee when changing proprietor in event of divorce?

Post by klaus_ib »

Hi forum - we live abroad and own a house in Perpignan. We have divorced and one of us will be taking over the ownership of our house. Does anyone know if one must pay a full notary fee in this case - as if we were selling&buying on the marketplace? Or is there a special frais? Happy Easter to all. Klaus
Klaus Ib Joergensen
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Notary Fee

Post by Sue234 »

Hi Klaus,

I'm in a similar position, in that my husband and I are divorcing and I'm going to buy him out of his half-share of our house in Collioure. If you've done the transfer into your sole name by now, I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

Best Wishes,

Sue
klaus_ib
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by klaus_ib »

Hi Sue, no, we haven't really advanced over the summer, but we'll be picking up on it again from now on. I'll let you know, if we find a solution and the right procedure. Best Klaus
Klaus Ib Joergensen
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Notaire's Fees

Post by Sue234 »

Thanks Klaus,

I've delved into it a bit more myself now, and it's not a cheap process! But the major cost is tax, which you pay on the whole value of the house, not just the half that's being transferred to one person. The Notaire's fee is on top of this and is relatively modest. Not sure if this is set at a special rate or not.

Sue
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Notaire's Fees

Post by martyn94 »

Sue234 wrote:Thanks Klaus,

I've delved into it a bit more myself now, and it's not a cheap process! But the major cost is tax, which you pay on the whole value of the house, not just the half that's being transferred to one person. The Notaire's fee is on top of this and is relatively modest. Not sure if this is set at a special rate or not.

Sue
I think the major part of any notarised property transaction is always tax. The notaire's own share is relatively trivial (though probably excessive for what they do).