How much tax and contributions?

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Corinna
Rank 1
Rank 1

How much tax and contributions?

Post by Corinna »

I just made a calculation based on the information I could glean from the internet.

Based on an income of 50.000 Euros you would pay 50% in income tax, social contribution tax and house tax in France. Add to that that living expenses are 10% higher than in the UK.

In the UK I pay roughly 30% - a hugh difference. :thumbdown:

Am I right?

Would anybody here divulge some information of how many percent of their income gets actually deducted? (I know it is difficult to compare but I would really appreciate some real-life numbers)
best,
Corinnna
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: How much tax and contributions?

Post by Allan »

Corinna wrote:I just made a calculation based on the information I could glean from the internet.

Based on an income of 50.000 Euros you would pay 50% in income tax, social contribution tax and house tax in France. Add to that that living expenses are 10% higher than in the UK.

Am I right?

Would anybody here divulge some information of how many percent of their income gets actually deducted? (I know it is difficult to compare but I would really appreciate some real-life numbers)
Well you pay also pay house tax in the UK only they call it council tax. I pay less in property taxes here than I did in England and have a larger property here.

My electricity bill here is about half of what my combined fuel bill was in the UK, mostly because it is much warmer here.

I don’t know who told you that living costs are 10% higher here but that is not my experience. This is a region where half the population lives on less than 15,000€ a year.

It is true that you may have to pay for health care here but again my mutuel is substantially less expensive than the private health care that I felt was a necessity in England.

As far as tax and social charges are concerned, speak to an accountant.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: How much tax and contributions?

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
Corinna wrote:I just made a calculation based on the information I could glean from the internet.

Am I right?

Would anybody here divulge some information of how many percent of their income gets actually deducted? (I know it is difficult to compare but I would really appreciate some real-life numbers)[/

Well you pay also pay house tax in the UK only they call it council tax. I pay less in property taxes here than I did in England and have a larger property here.

My electricity bill here is about half of what my combined fuel bill was in the UK, mostly because it is much warmer here.

I don’t know who told you that living costs are 10% higher here but that is not my experience. This is a region where half the population lives on less than 15,000€ a year.

It is true that you may have to pay for health care here but again my mutuel is substantially less expensive than the private health care that I felt was a necessity in England.

As far as tax and social charges are concerned, speak to an accountant.
I have just sent a (much wordier) email, which seems to have entirely disappeared. But basically I agree with Allan. €5000 euros gross is riches down here, if you are not paying rent. If you have a partner and are not married to them, marry them now.