Financial Advisor P.O.

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Financial Advisor P.O.

Post by Daphne »

Looking for Financial adviser preferably with some English, although not imperative. The one on the forum is based in Paris and I prefer somebody local. Thanks in advance
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Financial Advisor P.O.

Post by Kate »

Hello Daphne
Blevins Franks have local advisors who will visit you in your home
https://anglophone-direct.com/listing/b ... -advisers/
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Thanks Kate. I was a little lost as whether to contact the bank or the notaire but my son in the uk advised an independent Financial Advisor. Thank you once again ………..
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We now use an independent financial advisor because if you don't understand money, you can miss out on a lot. I've always just kept my money in the bank - I can understand that. It's simple and uncomplicated.... tax and pensions, investments, wills and wealth tax go straight over my head!
Blevins are a reputable firm and can be trusted to look after you - always bearing in mind that where investments are concerned, what makes the most money for them might not always be the very best for you! Having said all this as if I have an inkling, it's the blind leading the blind cos I know absolutely nothing about finance! :oops:
Bonne chance
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

+1 for Blevins Franks. I have used them in their various incarnations for over 15 years and have always had good service.
Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I imagine that they are quite OK, of their kind. But there is a question how much “service” you want or need, given that you are paying for it (generously). It is a commonplace that investments for plain folk like us go sideways at best - which means that they go backwards over time once you have suffered the transaction costs. Since those costs are the only things you can predict with certainty, it can make sense to start (and maybe finish) by minimizing them, once you have some rough idea what you should be investing in. That is where it gets tricky, evidently, except to say that for most of us it should not involve keeping most of it in the bank, unless anything else is going to keep you awake at night.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I don’t think they are all necessarily OK. That is a lot to be gained by recommending certain investments which might not be suitable for a client but bring big commission to an unscrupulous advisor. Blevins have lots of support, controls and backup to ensure that their advisors are followings all the right/best opportunities for investors. Of course, they’re out to make money for themselves as well, so even when something is free, somebody is paying somewhere! I also recommend John Lansley of Spectrum https://anglophone-direct.com/listing/j ... l-advisor/ who are similar to Blevins.

Just to reiterate, I know nothing about finance!