Tax D'hab and Fonciere

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Tax D'hab and Fonciere

Post by Karrie »

This year we benefited from a significant reduction to both taxes - or so I thought. My recent invoice appears to be clawing back over the next 2 months 3.5 times what we've been paying a month and has doubled for next year bringing it back to the previous year's amount plus a small increase. Is it that we are non-resident and it was a mistake? Are any other non residents in the same situation?
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Tax D'hab and Fonciere

Post by Owens88 »

I thought that only residents benefitted from the Tax d'hab subsidies? We did not get reductions (Conflent )
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Didn´t they increase taxe foncière for non-residents/holiday homes?
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

They might have done but it would not last long in the courts. Fonciere is for the road cleaning and rubbish removal etc. No court in the world would accept that a part-time house uses those facilities more.

As I understand it the 'second-homes' penalty was applied n the Taxe d'hab as you could not get the rebates that apply to residents. Which is fair enough.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Karrie »

Thank you for your replies; just to confirm I'm non resident so the answer maybe that a mistake was made when we got a reduction for taxes fonciere and d'habitation, which is now being clawed back. My French is not good enough to call up and ask.