CESU

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveM
Rank 3
Rank 3

CESU

Post by DaveM »

Hi all.

We have been resident here in the PO for 20 months, and permanently, and living on an occupational pension which is necessarily taxable in France - still waiting to sort that out with the centre des impots! We also have a cotisation to l'URSSAF.
The question for you all is that I'd like to employ a friend to help us with gardening work. To do that legally, to be sure that we are both insured, and to contribute toward his pension, etc, I believe I should use the cheque d"emploi system (CESU).
I can get a chequier d"emploi from the bank whereby each cheque is accompanied by a volet to return to l'URSSAF.
I have been given to understand that if I pay my 'employee' , say, E36 for four hours work then l'URSAAF will subsequently prélve from my account about E8 for employee's cotisations and E15 for employer's contributions so that that E36 costs ME E59. A bit steep, don't you think?
Does anyone have chapter and verse on this?
Please feel free to email or pm me.
Thanks
DaveM
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Dave
I think that your numbers are grossly correct. But, the amounts you pay can give a bit back when you pay your taxes.

What part I don't understand is whether this re-payment will come back from the government direct or will this give a deduction on your Impot.

I started this during this year. I cannot tell you what happens with trying to recuperate some of the costs.

Another side of this amount. If I payed this black, the amount would be about half of what I'm paying now. Yet, paying direct to a full gardener will charge you the same total as what you're paying through the Cheque Employer.

Paying the gardener this way, you will not have to worry about the police arrive at your home. If the gardener falls from a ladder, while he's working black, you could cost you a whole bunch of money.

I'm not a saint but I am now paying this method.

Blackduff
Tiffany
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiffany »

There is a website: www.cesu.urssaf.fr where you can do simulations - I did one with theinformation you posted and you have it absolutely right. There would be about E23 of charges to pay on top. You can also do the whole thing on line and they would calculate automatically the attestation that you attach to your taxes at the end of the year.

France is known for the shockingly high cost of employing people - that's why so many are employed on the 'black' or even on the 'grey' where only some of the hours are declared.