mandat cheque?

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

mandat cheque?

Post by opas »

I am sending off for passports, on the website they state that they no longer accept personal cheques. It says mandat cheque or postal order, what is the equivalent of this in France, and does anyone know how much more on top this service will cost me?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

A bankers draft. Just get a postal order from the Post Office.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Can you not do it all on line?

If you apply for a UK driving licence you can now do it all on line as they use your passport photograph - must be stored on a database somewhere.

Sorry if this sets the personal liberty brigade off ..................................... 8)
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I got my passport online and paid by visa debit. They then had to send the completed computerised form to me for me to sign and return and because I hated my photo I enclosed a new one. To be fair it only took a few days and I was amazed by the speed. Opas may not be able to do this as I am not sure whether they will send the form to France. Worth a phone call though I would say.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I thought there would be another charge on top of the already rising bill for these 2 5 year child passports, so did not want to embarrass myself by looking shocked at another hike at the desk :oops:
Anyway I have managed to download ( with my supa speedy repaired PC.....).a visa/mastercard form and have gone down that route .

Off to La Poste in a mo to see how much that will cost :cry: