Unauthorised debit from Mastercard

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

bandyl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Unauthorised debit from Mastercard

Post by bandyl »

On checking our Credit Agricole account recently we've found a debit from our mastercard which was not our transaction. Bank emailed back saying to contact police and cancel card, not ever-so helpful!
Has anyone experience of this sort of thing and what to do to retrieve the monies (over €500).
Anyone else use Credit Agricole and have a friendly english speaking manager in Perpignan or St Cyprien area they could recommend.
mpprh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mpprh »

Happened to me.

Read about it here : http://the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3367

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Try : www.britline.com
They should be able to help
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I had the opposite experience.

This morning my Banque Populaire branch manager called me to ask if it was me who had used my Carte Bleu in Poland. Great service.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
peggy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by peggy »

Hi everybody! first of all, sorry if my English is not good, I am not English, even if my name can let you imagine the opposite ! I am French, I work in PO and I like speaking English, but I forgot a lot, beacause I haven't spoken this language for a long time! I am new on this forum and I am happy to join an English-speaking forum ! (first time for me!)
I can help you regarding money matters, as I work in ... a bank ! ooops, sorry.... but I like other things too, such as tennis, sport, books, guitar and dancing... (I am not totally unhuman, yes!!)

Regarding bandly's problem, I think you don't have to panic. Your bank asked you to go and see the police so that they could cancel the card for "fraudulent use"reason . Then, you have to go back to your bank and ask them for a reimbursement , using INSURANCE of your mastercard. You will probably fullfill a form,... then wait and wait and wait again (!!!!), but normally, you will be reimbursed.
Peggy
peggy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by peggy »

Regarding bandly's problem, I think you don't have to panic. Your bank asked you to go and see the police so that they could cancel the card for "fraudulent use"reason . Then, you have to go back to your bank and ask them for a reimbursement , using INSURANCE of your mastercard. You will probably fullfill a form,... then wait and wait and wait again (!!!!), but normally, you will be reimbursed.[/quote]

sorry, I wanted to write: "bandyl " and not bandly ! oops, sorry!
Peggy
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Thank you Peggy and welcome to the forum.