credit agricole v societe generale

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

credit agricole v societe generale

Post by thumbelina »

NO CONTEST!

SocGen win all the way!

Credag are making all of their branches automatic. You can go in. Queue for half an hour to speak to the one available person, (normally someone who is bloody useless and bloody rude to boot!!!!) to be told that they can't help you as everything in the branch is now automatic.

(Apparently there are two locally which are not - one in Arles sur Tech, the other at St Assiscle in Perpignan.)

Today I wanted to pay some money into my daughter's Cred Ag account. Not knowing that ALL of the branches are automatic, I went to the one in Auchan. No good! I then remembered that I'd been dealt with very sympathetically at the branch in Pollestres, so I went there. Equally no good now either!

To pay cash into someone's account you have to have a credit agricole card. Otherwise it is impossible.

To change a 50€ note for 25 x 2€ pieces, you have to have a credit agricole card. Otherwise it is impossible.

What a complete total utter waste of space as a bank.

The other side of the coin.

SocGen.

I placed a reasonable sum of money in my account the other week and the Director of my agency rang to say, let me open a savings account for you - the interest rate isn't much but its better than you'll get in a current account. I didn't have to do a thing.

I rang my agency and spoke to my counsillor today - charming young woman - and explained my problem with cred ag. She offered to ring her local Cred Ag to find out if they would accept cash and, if so, said she would take the money from my account and nip round and pay it straight into my daughter's account!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

She then rang me back ( :shock: ) to say that it wasn't possible and to discuss what we could do next.

As it happens, I can jolly along to Arles on Monday and pay it in there myself, but what customer service!

Full marks to them - and long may it continue!

For what it's worth I bank with the Amelie les Bains branch and my councillor is Mme Revel. She needs to be lauded loud and proud for her customer service skills - what a change, for France! :D :D :D
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I use the English speaking branch of Credit Agricole . It is in Rodez, but covers the whole of France. I have my own personal advisor and she is very helpful. I can reach her by e-mail or phone. I do everything on-line so I don't need to visit any branch. I don't know what would happen if I actually wanted to put cash into my account, but I can't think of any circumstances where that would happen, as I don't run a business.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I'm with CA Agricole based in Caen, but I do everything on-line or if I telephone them I speak to perfect English speakers!

They are always helpful!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I'm not talking about telephone or internet banking. I'm talking about actually physically going in to a branch.