VAT

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

VAT

Post by opas »

We have just received a clutch for our car from UK, we have been charged VAT .
Can we claim that back? and where do we go?

It is not something I would normally bother about , except we are talking around 25 quid;
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Someone who knows more about this than me will no doubt correct me,but my understanding is that there's no facility for VAT refunds between EU countries,opas.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

You cannot reclaim it between EU countries, if you could then you would then have to pay the VAT in France.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Thanks Allan. That was my understanding of it too.
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

john wrote:Someone who knows more about this than me will no doubt correct me,but my understanding is that there's no facility for VAT refunds between EU countries,opas.
One other very doubtful option is you become a TVA registered business in France ! :? :? :? :lol:
That way anything you purchace in the UK you can offset against your business here and therefore is exempt from UK VAT.As you are already registered in an EU member state ! :wink:
Not worth it Opas... :lol: Easier to call it quiits for the sake of 25 quid :roll: :lol: :lol:
aurther11

Post by aurther11 »

i realise it after 20-30 min later when i waiting for boarding and i call europe car desk and explain the situation and at this time i call my mobile continiously and after a while i realise that my mobile is switched off and call back europe car desk

they told me that they will inform us collegues are busy at that moment after 2 hours they told us that they havent find the phone in the car.

this is really a ver y bad experience because you know you forgot in the car 30 min ago and some body switched it off and take it i want to share it with you.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Vat

Post by Sue »

Why have Arthur11's other postings been perfectly written whilst this is totally uninteligible (sp)
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Vat

Post by polremy »

Sue wrote:Why have Arthur11's other postings been perfectly written whilst this is totally uninteligible (sp)
Well, the post title might have the clue!
Maybe he's drinking VAT 69 (if it still exists)