English speaking tax advisor?

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

English speaking tax advisor?

Post by Kate »

RECEIVED BY EMAIL

Do you happen to know of an English speaking tax advisor in the area of Perpignan?
I've just started paying tax in England (it took until March this year to get my unique tax reference number).

I have a state pension, I also work in the UK - I spent 201 day there the last tax year - and was advised by the inland revenue that I was liable for tax in the UK.

I have now received the revenue declaration for France and was told today that I must declare my state pension and also complete "declaration des revenus encaisses a L'entranger par un contribuable domicilie en France" - when I questioned them about having to pay tax in both countries I was told I would have to get a rebate from the inland revenue.

A further difficulty is that the tax year in france and England are different which adds to my confusion.

Can you help please
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

He's been discussed on this forum before but M Perrin in Boulevard John Kennedy is very good

Fully Qualified & Registered English Speaking Accountants -
39 Boulevard Kennedy, 66100 Perpignan - Phone: Tel. 04 68 66 06 06

AT & Associés - On hand to help to guide you through the French accounting maze, leaving you time to concentrate on your business.
Call today to make an appointment with one of our English speaking accountants and find out how we can help.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Received by email

Many thanks Kate for putting my query on the website - I followed up someone's suggestion to contact M. Perrin. He contacted the tax office in Perpignan and was fortunate enough to speak with a helpful and intelligent tax official by the name of M. LAPERCHE Pierrick. Having visited the tax office on three separate occasions in the space of two weeks and been seen by three different people who gave me vastly different advice I have to agree with the consensus that the majority of tax officials are either clueless re tax laws or simply can't be bothered to find out.
So my problems are finally sorted. M.Perrin was extremely helpful and courteous - a point well worth noting.