Vegetarian Menus

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

daniel895
Rank 0
Rank 0

Vegetarian Menus

Post by daniel895 »

We are having guests from Italy in a couple of weeks, and we'd like to take them out to a good restaurant. One of them is vegetarian. Can anyone suggest a restaurant where there is a vegetarian option regularly included in the fixed-price menu (as opposed to à la carte)? What I want to avoid, if possible, is, say, 3 of us being able to order a fixed-price non-vegetarian menu at 15-25 euros, and the vegetarian being compelled to order à la carte and paying twice as much! Am interested in possibilities in Vallespir, around St Genis/Laroque/ Argeles, or Elne/Cabestany/Perpignan.
Thanks!
Daniel
Daniel
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

This is an extract of a post written by a member of P O Life Facebook Group recently.

"Lovely day out yesterday and ended up in Argelés late afternoon. After a tour of the shops we decided to go for something to eat. Found a lovely restaurant so thought I would share it with you. Restaurant was very clean - toilets too, staff very friendly and professional, food was fantastic and they actually catered for vegetarians with a real veggie option, not just the usual goats cheese salad or omlette. The restaurant was on the sea front, Central Plage. It is called Casablanca, 12 Allée Jules Aroles, 0468811748. I had a lovely vegetarian couscous and my partner had the steak. All was cooked to perfection. The couscous we shared as there was so much. They do various different couscous, fish and meat dishes. Made a nice change from the usual pizza, pasta etc and was quite reasonable too."
Dylan
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

There's an excellent new Lebanese restaurant in Perpignan that (just) has a buffet à volonté both for lunch and in the evenings - well over half of the dishes are vegetarian. It's family run and pretty authentic, with everything based on fresh produce - not necessarily where you might go for a romantic dîner à deux, but very pleasant and convivial. And good value - lunchtimes it's (I think) 14,50 and evenings 17,50, wine and coffee included.

I love Lebanese food and was just so delighted to find a restaurant serving it here!

Les Délices du Liban, rue Grande la Monnaie, Perpignan.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We had lunch last week in Perpignan at Spaghetteri’Aldo. Really good pasta and risotto dishes, too many to list, and something suitable for everyone....vegetarians and fussy kids included. My husband, who is quick to criticize but slow to praise, said that their Tiramisu was the best he's ever had. I had the anti pasto alone as I'm not much of an eater at lunchtime, and it was delish, with fat fresh capers, onions in balsamic, really good range of hams and salamis, sun dried toms.....really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend, tho of course it's in Perpignan and this is definitely the start of sea side weather. :lol: