Le Regal, Argeles

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Le Regal, Argeles

Post by malcolmcooper »

We happened to be in Argeles on Monday and stopped for a very impromtu lunch at this new restaurant on Rue des Faisans next the new flower shop. We just took the menu of the day. Our starters were hot brie and a prawn cocktail respectively, both generous and well presented. It happened that the main course was entrecote so I wasn't expecting much, actually I expected a small medallion of meat but I was wrong. We got ample sized steaks in a good mushroom sauce with home made chips all perfectly cooked. This was followed by a substantial piece of apple pie and cream. The cost of this menu was 10.90 €. With a demi of wine and two noisette coffees the total bill was 30.80 €. (Normally entrecote carries a 4 € supplement but last Monday was offered inclusive).

The staff are very friendly and efficient and the surroundings are very smart indeed.

If you're looking for something new, extraordinary value and you don't want to drive to Spain it's worth a try.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Sounds really good. Is this in the village Malcolm?
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

No, it's on the way into Argeles from the ZA end. From the Hotel Acajou island towards Argeles it's on the left with plenty of parking.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Le Regal

Post by Lanark Lass »

Tried this place for lunch today.

Food very nice and good value. Staff friendly. Restaurant very smart.

We had chicken salads from the a la carte menu. Too full for a sweet so just had a coffee to follow.

Would recommend it.