Port Vendres restaurat La Cote Vermeille

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

oulibede
Rank 2
Rank 2

Port Vendres restaurat La Cote Vermeille

Post by oulibede »

Has anyone experience of La Cote Vermeille restaurant in Port Vendres for Sunday lunch? Would you recommend or otherwise? We're trying to decide whether to go there or the Jardin de Collioure. Thank you for any advice.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

Assumimg you mean the main restaurant at ground level, rather than the bistro on the 1st floor (which is open air), we've always liked this restaurant, It's traditional and quite formal, with not a lot of English spoken, but it has very good food, including their fish dishes. We've always stuck to the set menus, as a la carte can get very expensive. Free parking right outside on the quay is a plus.

The bistro above is good too, and is much more casual and cheaper, with a fine view of the port.
oulibede
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by oulibede »

Thank you Rog, that's very helpful.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I've not been to either but looking at their websites, La Cote Vermeille appeals to me. In Collioure I can recommend Le Neptune, which seems more similar to LCV than the Jardin de Collioure.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

[quote="Santiago"]I've not been to either but looking at their websites, La Cote Vermeille appeals to me. In Collioure I can recommend Le Neptune, which seems more similar to LCV than the Jardin de Collioure.[/quote

Or go a few yards further and get a Michelin star at La Balette. Every day but Sunday their €30 lunchtime menu is quite staggering value for the food, the view (especially once it's mild enough to eat outside), a decent glass of wine included and all the silly Michelin fuss. I would resent it if I were buying one of their "proper" menus, but at that price it's just a hoot. Pay an extra €6 for coffee and the petits fours will save you buying dinner.